Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One and the Same

I was reading an earlier post, about a commentator on a 60 Minutes segment on Global Warming. He said something to the effect of, "Stop worrying about global warming, it doesn't exist, go about your lives and let others live theirs!"

It's ironic to me that there are people that would say that, and yet be so critical against gays and lesbians, minorities, and other people who just want to live their lives the way they want to.

"Let other people live their [lives]"

Is Global Warming a religion? Am I preaching this religion hoping for converts? I believe in it whole-heartedly, and there is proof, yet there are still people who doubt it.

I don't think Global Warming is a religion, and yet I don't blame people who may think that I'm pushing this 'belief' on them. I guess, according to the smartest people in the world, we will find out, for better or for worse, 12-20 years from now.

1 comment:

Jo-Fan said...

Sadly America may be the most backwards-thinking, conservative industrialized nation. We are handcuffed by Christianity all the time. Out of all the industrialized countries, we have the highest percentage of people who still refuse to believe in evolution alone! And they rally for it to not be taught at school!
I think you should make a comic book or cartoon about global warming. Seriously. Find a way to digest all the information and make it possible for different people to relate to, so that more people can really understand that we are already in deep shit in a lot of ways. Just look at how wacky the weather has been in the past couple years. It can even be about your journey to understand what all the warning signs mean personally.